Hi all new to here!
Yes!! I have a working mod!
I have a 9300 with a nvidia geforce go 6800 ultra in, and some amazing 3dmark05 scores! will post those in general later!
Not to many components needed so should be able to offer anyone with a 9300 an upgrade pack to enable a inspiron 9300 with 6800 ultra to work at full speed!
Am working on a full pictures and step guide how I did it so should be here shortly, here is a bit af a short parts and step guide.
1. Geforce go 6800 ultra card
2. new chipset heatsink from an xps gen2
3. 130W power adapter
4. 9 cell 9300/xps2 battery
5. slight plastic cuttout from the palm rest
1. Removed Screen and palm rest
2. Removed old graphics card
3. Removed old chipset heatsink
4. Removed rubber spacers from cpu fan bay
5. Installed new XPS Gen2 Chipset Heatsink
6. Installed new 6800 ultra card
7. Cut away small amout of plastic from the Palm rest to fit around new Chipset heatsink + new 6800 ultra heatpipe.
8. fitted palm rest and screen back on.
9. Loaded XPS Gen 2 A01 bios through dos (thanks to Hazridi in notebookforums for the hacked bios)
10. loaded new xps gen2 A02 bios!
11. Loaded new 6800 ultra drivers in XP!
12. Fully working!!
Here we go! the moment you have all been waiting for!
Inspiron 9200 1.6GHz wxga+ 40GB 5400rpm HD
installed 9300 motherboard! used Chip wire mod for the cpu (2.13Ghz fully stable!)
2x 512MB 533mhz dd2 ram
nvidia geforce go 6800 ultra
XPS GEN 2 A02 bios
Dell xps gen 2 6800 ultra driver no over clocking on GPU(well CPU has!)
3dmark05 score 4926
nvidia tweeked 77.62 drivers no overclocking
3dmark05 score 5289
nvidia tweeked 77.62 drivers auto overclocking on (fans hardly on)
3dmark05 score 5467!!!!!