@ denn_76: If you have an SATA hard drive, then when the computer boots up, you have to press F6 to install drivers. I think that they might only apply to RAID setups, but that is the best solution I can think of.
Oh, btw, congrats on your new laptop.
Originally Posted by Laptop<
actually your wrong the pentium m is more efficent in muilttasking than the pentium 4. Why? very very if at all applications take advatnage of the hyperthreading and plus multitaksing really sucks in windows.
1) Your argument seems to lack any bit of logic at all. You are basically commiting a logical fallacy, since by what you state, the pentium M is better at multitasking because not many programs take advantage of hyperthreading, but you also state that windows sucks at multi-tasking. By that statement, you are stating that the Pentium M and P4 both suck at multi-tasking. I'm not sure if you have seen benchmarks, but Hypertreading does make a difference when you are running more than one program at a time, and it is in this regard that I believe the P4 is better at multi-tasking than the pentium M.
|And Pentium M overspeed is faster than the pentium 4.
2) Comparing an overclocked processor to a stock-clocked processor is like comparing apples and oranges.
|Osx is a way better mulittasker.
3) Also, why are you bringing OSX into your argument? Both the pentium M and pentium 4 run on windows.
|Also again it makes no sense to buy a notebook with no battery life becayuse once you unplug it then its liek a 2.2ghz pentium 4 as many people reported! SEE it mkaes no sense becuase one you unplu it its slower than a pentium m 1.6ghz like i said it mkaes better sense t buy a desktop. Sager 9860 is a wrong chosie top make if it clocks it self donw more than a half. I would rather get na XPS!!!
4) The 9860 is a Desktop Replacement
. I have stated this before, and in general, Desktop Replacements
are not designed to have great battery life, or run great on battery power. However, by definition, the desktop replacement is supposed to do just what the name says: replace a desktop. You argue that it makes better sense to buy a desktop than the sager, but desktop replacements are not designed to be moved around alot, but if needed, the 9860 is still more convenient to move than the full size desktop you suggested.
5) Also, there really is no "wrong" choice in buying a laptop, contrary to your beliefs. It all depends on what the person is looking for in a laptop
. Some people want super-portable machines, some people want a more portable gaming machine, and other's want a laptop that is the jack of all trades that can do everything from gaming to multimedia editing, and etc. The Sager 9860 fits into this category.
You really should not keep saying that the Sager 9860 is "too big and crappy and hot," since when you do this, you are considered a troll. I personally would prefer a mid-size laptop that can play the latest games, but I can also understand why people would want DTR laptops like the 9860, which you seem to miserably fail at understanding. All you seem to be able to comprehend is that the 9860 is too big for YOUR
needs, so anyone else who buys it must be stupid and is making the wrong decision.