Originally Posted by somms
For those, like me, who prefer to flash their BIOS outside of the Windows environment in DOS I have provided the following bootable CD .iso which can flash up to this latest A03 BIOS
I'm a floppy man myself. However, for some reason dell does not provide a floppy version of the bios flash file for my system (others as well I suppose but does for the 700m). Here is what you do if you're in the same situation and want to flash using a floppy:
1. Get the BIOS file dell provides (which does not contain bootable files)
2. Get a boot disk file small enough to fit on the floppy disk and still leave space for the BIOS file. Here is a good one:http://download.sudhian.com/faq/kt7/...c/drdflash.exe
3. Create a boot diskette from the file in step 2.
4. Copy over the downloaded BIOS file to the floppy disk you created (there should be enough space for it)
5. Boot from it and on the command promt type in the bios file name (e.g., i600mA16.exe) to start the flashing process.
somms and I..a one-two punch