New A06 Bios was released today on the 9th and then some new Broadcom Diagnostic Utilites have been relased on the 10th (wow Dell can release stuff into the future now
here are the release notes on the A06 bios version.
BIOS Release Notes
Systems: Dell Inspiron 6000 Series
Build Date: 05/03/2005
Intel 915GM Graphics Video BIOS version 1219
ATI Mobility Radeon X300 Video BIOS version 8.017.192.060
1. Fixed intermittent problem where, after the user creates a hard disk
password with an Admin password already installed, the Admin password
will not unlock the hard disk on subsequent boots. The Admin password
should unlock the hard disk password in this situation.
2. Fixed issue in which Windows intermittently reports an "unexpected error"
when the BIOS flash program is launched, which prevents the BIOS
update from occurring.
3. Fixed issue in which the system hangs if a program invokes INT 19h
after the system has booted.
4. Update help text for the USB Wake from Standby field in System Setup
to explain that USB wake feature is only supported under Windows XP
Media Center Edition.
5. Fixed problem where a USB device, such as a storage drive, may stop
responding if the system is booted to DOS and the USB device is
repeatedly removed and reinserted.
6. Fixed issue in which the Operating System may intermittently configure
the optical disk drive (such as a CD-ROM drive) to operate in PIO mode
rather than UDMA mode.
1. Updated the ATI video BIOS to version 8.017M.192.060.
2. Updated the Intel video BIOS to version 1219.
3. Updated SMBIOS table type 11h to include the memory module(s)
manufacturer, serial number and speed.
The BIOS release has been validated on the following operating system:
1. Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
2. Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 2
The release notes for the Boradcom was to fix some localization issues.