Baldman, etal: This is really killing me and I'm extremely frustrated. I've tried everything and am darn tired playing phone tag w/ Sager support (I admit, it's not all their fault, they've been diligent about calling me back).
Let me go through what I've been doing - maybe you can correct me.
1. I downloaded from http://www.sagernotebook.com/pages/tech_sfwrdls.html#2
and under NP9860, the following files:
a)Windows BIOS Flash utility dated 15-Apr-05 and
b)System BIOS Version 1.00.04
2. I ran these files
3. The BIOS file resulted in the following file residing on my desktop: D9R04.wph
4. I used the WinPhlash utility to execute this file (NOT the one that is the default within the WinPhlash folder called bios.wph). Let me repeat, I used the D9R04.wph.
5. The program seems to run fine. I see that flashing activity is occuring ...
6. Upon reboot, my boot up screen STILL shows the old bios version 1.00.033
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?