Originally Posted by WeeB
Ive also heard that there is a question asking you whether you are going to export the machine that you have to answer when ordering. What did you do about that?
The last question about the C/C address has nothing to do with whether you export the Lappy or not. In my case I exported it, and when they ask you; tell them if you intend to export. The only reason they ask is because by law they have to.
Basically, you can't take the Lappy to Seria, Iran, Iraq, N.Korea etc etc.......You have to tell them who's it for, for what,.... I have the form, I will paste it below.
Thank you for your online order. On your order form, you mentioned you were exporting this system but did not include the export address. As required by federal law for all exports, Dell is responsible for asking you the following questions: (Be very specific)
1. Who is the end user? (Be very specific [Name and Address])
2. Where will the product be used? (Be very specific [address])
3. What will the product specifically be used for? (Be very specific [programs, day-to-day activity])
4. What type of business or industry are you involved in? (Be very specific [Type of Industry, Name of Company & Address])
5. Billing address for Credit Card or final destination for computer. (Be very specific)
6. Will this be a permanent or temporary export? (Be very specific)
7. Will we be shipping to a freight forwarder? If so, please provide the name and address.
If you could answer these questions at your earliest convenience I will begin processing your order. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
This wasn't exactly a delay, as I got right back and within 1 hour I got another email saying the order has now got a green light.
I read in another post that a guy had a bit of a nightmare with this. But I think the reason was because he is Arrabic, (going by his user name). Dell actually told him that they couldn't do business with him. - Unreal. I don't know where he's from, .....maybe a politically sensitve country. ??? Anyhow, so he apparently just went and got one off Ebay, I think it was a i9300. - I had to laugh. I thought; good on this guy.