|Originally posted by myrkat
1) Is there any other device on the wide ribbon cable connecting to the CD-Drive?
2) Is the power plugged in?
3) Is the audio cable plugged in (the small, thin-wire cable)?
4) Does it "light up" (i.e. LED light) at boot? Can you hear it spin at boot?
We'll need a bit more info, but we'll get through this.
Thanks for your quick reply myrkat, thanks for helping me get through this.
1) Im not quite sure what your asking, but the wide ribbon cable (IDE Cable) connects to the CD-ROM and the other to the motherboard. When I looked a second time i noticed there is another connecter thing in the middle of it. now i dont know if thats suppose to connect somewhere, i didnt think it did.
2) Yes the power is plugged in, the CD tray comes out but it doesnt read the CD's.
3) yes the audio cable is plugged in
4) I dont think you can see the CD-ROM LED light on this computer, but when i booted it up i heard the CD-ROM make a couple noises but it did not sound like it was spinning.
Again thanks for your help, you are the best.
Let me know if theres anything else you need to know.
Also on the back of the CD-ROM i notice there is a T, R, and an S. What do those stand for and which one should i put the cap thing on? Or do i even need it on?