- OS - Can someone please illuminate me on the reasons for buying Home vs. MCE vs. Pro? This is not going to be a work laptop.
- Processor - Besides shear processing power, is there any reason to spend the extra $$ for the extra Mhz? I'm particularly looking to gamers who have the 1.6 or 1.73 to speak up here.
- Display - WUXGA w/ truelife because I want it to look schweet. Honestly, I dig the glossy look a lot and the resolution is fine by my eyes.
- RAM - I'm planning on getting the standard 256MB and adding a 1GB stick afterwards. Do the sticks have to match for duel channel nowadays (they did when I built my desktop a few years back)??
- Hard Drive - 60GB 4200 rpm is not great, but I don't really want to shell out >$150 for a 7200 rpm drive. Any thoughts considering I'll have a 120GB external?
- DVDRW - Ah, might as well.
- Wireless Card - Any reason to shell out the $ for an a/b/g card over the standard b/g card?
- Battery - I'm going to get both the 6 & 9 cell batteries because this thing will be mobile occasionally (i.e. plane trips, when the photovoltaics go out, etc.)
I'll be using the 9300 to replace my desktop. I'll be using it for gaming (I'm a fan of the Star Wars KOTOR line, Jedi Academy, etc.), and am waiting to get my hands on HL2. I'll do some photo editing, video editing/conversion, and the all-round office type tasks (excel, word, powerpoint, internet). It will be the sole electronic toy in the house for dvd watching & music playing. I will not be plugging this into a cable tv connection (so no recording a la TIVO).
Also, as an added thought, if there was something you'd get rid of to cut the cost, comment on that too.
Any thoughts would be helpful. Cheers.