Originally Posted by chriscatt
Hi, here http://www.notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=90424 for the problem, I know it was for 2003 but I prefer to perform a fresh manual installation of the drivers anyway.
Here on how to do it:
Once you've tried to install the drivers in the normal way and it'd bleated on about the hardware you will find that a folder called ATI has been created.
Now you need to do a manual driver upgrade of the video card so follow these instructions.
1) Go to device manager, right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware - device manager.
2) Click on the plus next to displayadaptors and double click on the adaptor shown.
3) Select the driver tab and then update driver.
4) If you've SP2 then click on not at this time, otherwise click on install from a specific location, then don't search, then next.
On the next screen select have disc.
5) Now you need to browse to the ATI and keep on browsing until you get to the driver and then the 2kxp_inf folders. Now choose the c2_2177 inf
6) Choose the correct adaptor description and load the files.
7) After rebooting navigate down the ATI folder until you get to open the CPanel folder, click on setup and it will install the control panel. Lastly, once you're sure things have been installed correctly, delete the ATI folder as it is no longer required.