I'm having some problems with omega drivers on my 8104. I would really appreciate if any of you guys could answer my questions. I've tried to write down everything step by step.
1. Uninstalled ATI stock drivers
2. Installs ATI tools that come with the Omega drivers
3. Tries to install omega drivers -- but it fails (no ATI folder was created)
4. Runs driver modder (downloaded from Driverheaven)
5. Selects "Radeon Omega Driver" folder
6. Modder gives error message: "This set is already modified".
7. Runs driver modder again
8. Selects "Radeon Omega Drivers\v2.6.53\2KXP_INF" directory where all the
inf files are
9. Error message: "This directory does not contain the correct files, please
check the directory and try again."
10. Gives up with the driver modder
11. Goes to device manager, selects video card
12. updates driver manually
13. Selects inf file from "Radeon Omega Drivers\v2.6.53\2KXP_INF" folder (file is called CX2K_RAD_OMEGA.inf). QUESTION: There are 3 inf files in 2KXP_INF directory (one in the main directory, another one in FW-Off folder and a third one in FW-ON folder). Which one I should use???
14. When I "open" the inf file with Windows device manager there is a list of ATI video cards where I'm supposed to choose the one I have
15. There are 3 "Radeon X700 Series Omega 2.6.53" just after each other. Then they are followd by 3 "Radeon X700 Series Secondary Omega 2.6.53". QUESTION: Which one should I choose for my 8104???
There were other X700 cards on the list as well... maybe I should choose one of those instead???
16. Finally chooses the last"Radeon X700 Series Omega 2.6.53" and manually installs drivers (in spite of several Windows warnings to do otherwise)
17. everything goes white... notebook freezes, not even ctr-alt-del helps -- only holding down the turn on buttom
18. turns on notebook -- windows starts without any problems, everything seems to be fine, omega drivers seems to be installed
What's going on now? Shall I re-install the omega drivers? Did I choose the right inf file? Did I choose the right video card from the list? So many questions...
Thanks for the help!!!