post #21 of 102
7/26/05 at 4:27am
Originally Posted by odbyrne
I came to these forums unsure of what i wanted, and was infromed by you all of the Asus Z70. I was ready to buy the refresh but now its delayed, what other alternatives do i have
I want a 15.4 widescreen and a decent videocard is a plus. I would really miss the bluetooth as it was something I would use. I also like the style and the second battery.
I may just get the nonrefreshed version, but anyone have any other ideas??
Should I stay or should I go?
Originally Posted by madmike23
My girlfriend was on a business trip in Taiwan- she searched high and low for the new Z70V. She even called them up a couple times. I don't think it even went into production yet. She was going to surprise me, for my birthday, but she'll be coming back empty handed. Maybe she can surprise me with a W2.
Originally Posted by DiscountLaptops
There is a reason we don't pre-release model update info to the public until the manufacturer gives us the go-ahead. We spoke with Asus just last night and they do not have an official ETA for release yet. So, it appears it depends on who you talk to at Asus for info. My rep sad his best guess may be late August. But, he made it very clear there is not official release date yet. We have dealt in Asus notebooks for a long time, and delays can be extensive at times. So, it sounds like no-one knows the true release date. If I were Asus, I would keep a tight lid on info based on the way some of their "trusted" resellers have tried to look like heroes by being first to market with info pre-maturely. Just my opinion.